This week I’ve gone back to the Kabalite Warriors from about a month ago and have been working on the details.
The current stage I’m at is doing the gold base coat for the brass sections. I’ve gotten this done on half of the warriors. Before this step I painted up the loin cloths and bone elements, as well as the base silver on the chains and some other small elements.
The gold will be followed by washes on both metalics, and a highlight of Runefang Steel on both. The only other thing remaining is the grey edge highlights on the black areas and they’ll be done minus a couple minor touchups.
Last week I also finished up the bases for the three Spyders and got them shipped out.
I’m kind of kicking myself for not getting a picture of the finished product with the Spyder, but was pretty happy with how this turned out, and I believe the client is as well.
For the remainder of this week and moving on to next I’m looking at finishing up these warriors and then progressing quickly through the last steps of assembling the Warhound. That project has me excited and I’m looking forward to getting some paint on that big guy.
Thanks for checking it out. I’m trying to make a daily appearance on my Twitch stream, so check that out, follow, maybe even sub, and check out the stream if you get a chance. It’s a lot more lively if people tune in and chat with me while I paint.